Picard Bangladesh has created and implemented a comprehensive corporate compliance program designed to help maintain the highest professional and ethical standards.
COMPLIANCE AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
The management at Picard Bangladesh champions the concept of compliant and sustainable growth. Our premier raw materials such as leather, lining, etc are REACH compliant. The majority of the leather procured in Picard Bangladesh Limited is from Austan Limited an ISO 14001:2004 Certified & environmentally compliant tannery situated in Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ). The management is stringent on all compliance issues and regular internal and external audits are carried out.
Picard Bangladesh Limited also has very stringent regulations regarding Occupational Health & Security. The Company strictly follows government building regulations as well as having ample firefighting equipment and exits, first aid box, filtered drinking water facilities in the production floor and day care facilities.
Picard Bangladesh also complies very stringently with ILO regulations and has group insurance and provident fund facilities for the whole workforce. The company pays special attention towards occupational health and safety issues as all on the job accidents and liabilities are covered by the company. Special regulations are also in place to ensure that protective gear is worn in places with health hazards
Approval of factory plan and of any extensions are done by strictly following the rules set by the Bangladesh Labor Law. Picard Bangladesh provides employees with clear guidance, education, and training, so they can appropriately navigate in today's increasingly complex health care environment, including:
- Management Documents
- Emergency Exits
- Emergency Lighting
- Fire Extinguishers/ Hose Reel / Hydrant
- Emergency Preparedness
- First Aid Kits and On-site medical staff, with ambulance
- Chemical Storage Area
- General Equipment / House Keeping / Electrical Hazards
- Waste Water Treatment
- House Keeping, sanitation and Hygiene Toilets, Dining and Kitchen Facilities
- Employment Policy/Service Rules
- Establishment Organogram
- Appointment Letters with wages and the two festival bonuses clearly defined
- Registers such as service books and leave register
- Provident fund provided to all the employees upon maintaining all requirements
- Holidays are provided as per regular industry norms
- Health and fire safety insured by the company. Health and life Insurance are provided as well